Every girl at some point in her life thinks about shaving her pubic hair for different reasons, sometimes just because she wants her genital area to be all smooth, or because her friends are doing it and last but not the least just because her partner wants her to do so. As appealing as it might seem, shaving your pubic hair definitely has some side effects that need to be considered before taking a decision.
- Getting rid of pubic hair inflames and irritates hair follicles, leaving an open wound that is not visible to the naked eye. Constant shaving also causes painful ingrown hairs or even cuts if using a blade or burns if using wax.
- Wax hair removal causes redness and weakens the pores; it is one of the most dangerous systems for the pubic region. When this is combined with the temperature and moisture from that region, it becomes a stew pot for group A streptococcus and cultivating bacteria. If you shave your genital area then there is nothing to prevent it from entering the body.
- Eczema or Psoriasis can be aggravated by shaving. In case you have these skin conditions, it is recommended to see a doctor before removing your hair. If you don’t then you could aggravate the situation and experience a lot of pain and discomfort because of it.
- The intimate satisfaction goes beyond the amount of hair you have. And it is true that a lot of women feel more confident when shaved and thus experience better sex.
- It is important to remember that one should not do something just because others are doing it or just because it is in fashion. Many women prefer to get rid of their pubic hair, but if it hurts too much or you don’t feel comfortable doing it then it is best to leave it as it is.